the vagina monologues 2011
February 18-19

Donate

Every two minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted. Further, one in three American women will be sexually abused in their lifetime. We invite you to contribute to UPenn's V-Day campaign to help us stop the violence.

Since 1998, Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues has evolved from a one-woman show to a worldwide movement. Every February, college campuses and communities in over 140 countries produce benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues to raise awareness and funds for anti-violence groups within their own communities.

Penn recognizes the importance of ending violence against women in the Philadelphia community and on our college campus. In Philadelphia, domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to low-income, inner-city women — more common than automobile accidents, mugging and rapes combined. One in five female students experience rape during their college careers.

Over the past five years, Penn V-Day has raised over $100,000 to stop the violence. 90% of the proceeds of Penn's V-Day Campaign are donated to Philadelphia's only full-service rape crisis center, Women Organized Against Rape (WOAR). The remaining 10% will be donated to this year's international V-Day campaign: building the first V-Day Safe House for the Women of Haiti in Port au Prince. This February marks the 11th year of Penn’s participation in the V-Day global campaign, and with every performance our commitment grows stronger.

We invite you to support us in our dedication to this movement. Your participation in our fundraising efforts is crucial, and may take on the form of either a tax deductible donation, or an ad placed in our performance's program — a program seen by over 3,000 audience members. The V-Day Campaign cannot work to end violence without the contributions of donors like you.



Donation Levels

Please click to download

Friends and Family

Friends and Family

Penn Community

Academic Departments
Sororities
Fraternities
Student Groups

Businesses

Local Businesses
Corporations

Please make checks out to "WOAR memo: Penn V-Day"
And mail to:
Penn Women's Center, c/o Mady Glickman
3643 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104

WOAR is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; all written checks are 100% tax-deductible.

OR


Donate Online
Please note: Online donations are NOT tax-deductible.